Apr 25, 2011

I like beautiful things

"well I like to eat, sleep, drink, and fall in love"

I love that line
I read it in English today in a Langston Hughes poem (who I don't generally like)
I like how it makes love seem like something natural
and necessary
I love beautiful poetry
I love beautiful writing
when I went with my mother, sister, and grandma to the thirty strangers in thirty days photoshoot, the photographer asked me what I like to do.
I told him I dance.
he asked me why
I was kind of taken off guard by that, since I don't really get asked that very often, and especially not by strangers.
so I said "because it's fun"
he said "well water skiing is fun, too, but you didn't say that, did you?"
so I said "because it's beautiful"
and he said "so you like beautiful things, do you?"
and I laughed and he kept taking pictures.
but really
I do like beautiful things.
I think it's safe to say we all like beautiful things
I like inspiring and raw things.
I like dancing when I'm sweating and it's hard but because I make something beautiful.
I like reading poetry and books that have words laced so beautifully together I could cry reading them.
I like beautiful things. I like to find beauty in things. the photographer may have been just making a comment, but I thought it was lovely. because we all strive for beauty in our lives in different ways. I get my fix through dance and poetry and nature. you might find something else beautiful, but whatever it is you should surround yourself with it.
you've got every right to a beautiful life