Jul 20, 2011

the rest is still unwritten

I love books.
man oh man do I love books.
I love being inside someone else's head for 300 glorious pages. because it gives you such an empathy for others and a new perspective on life. I read two really good books in the past two days.
it's beautiful to be invited into someone's world like that. in a way only a book can let you.
and at the end, the very last page, you are sad to say goodbye
that's the only thing I hate about a good book
it's like a window into someone's life
and then that's it
the window is closed
and that is their story
just a fraction of their lives and the rest to your imagination
I am always sad to say goodbye
it's nice to think of your life as a book
and to look at everything as a blank page and an opportunity for something
honestly. think of how different your life would be if you always INVITED something wonderful to happen
not just wish it
invite it
welcome it with open arms and release your inhibitions
I mean, Natasha bedingfield really had something going with this one:
"staring at the blank page before you
open up the dirty window
let the sun illuminate the words that
you cannot find"
all your life is an openbook that you are writing
this is YOUR MOMENT
this is your opportunity to craft the kind of story you would want to read
whether it be action, romance, drama, (fantasy?)
the choice is yours. and always will be.
I was also thinking about the typical book heroine
headstrong, bold, kind of obnoxious, always unique
and I thought "why aren't there ever any quiet mild mannered heroines"
and then I realized
it's the people that stand up and do something that are really making beautiful words out of their lives
the possibilities are out there
the choice is ours
because the rest is still unwritten


books are awesome
book analogies are even better